benefits of greek life
When you walk around campus and see other men wearing Greek letters, it is easy to wonder to yourself, "Why would someone join a fraternity?" The answer is that those men have learned what you will soon find out after joining Phi Kappa Sigma: that joining a Greek organization helps you realize the academic achievement, leadership development, active social life, networking connections, and other life skills necessary to succeed today. Consider these facts about Greek life:
- Over 70% of students who join a Greek organization graduate, compared to less than 50% of all non-Greek students.
- The average GPA of all Greek students nationwide is higher than the average GPA of all non-Greek students.
- 85% of the Fortune 500 key executives are Greek.
- All but three Presidents since 1825 have been Greek.
- Over 80% of campus student leaders are Greek.
- 76% of all Congressmen and Senators belong to a fraternity.
- Phi Kappa Sigma members perform over 20,000 hours of volunteer service annually.
- Over $7 million of philanthropic fundraising is raised each year by Greeks nationally.
- The Greek system is the largest network of volunteers in the US, donating over 10 million hours of service each year.
- There are approximately 9 million Greek members in the US today.